This Glowing Green Pasta is a living proof of that veggie food is not boring. The combination of capers, avocado and basil sort of dance in your mouth when you eat it. It´s the simplest, loveliest pasta I can think of, perfect on work days, with its fifty shades of green.
You get the protein from the soy beans but if you want this Glowing Green Pasta is a nice side dish to grilled chicken, meatballs or Parma ham as well.
Ps. It’s a great dish for Meatless Monday.
Photo: Fredrik Övgård
Glowing Green Pasta
Makes 4 portions
1 package frozen Soybeans à 250 g (9 oz)
1 clove of Garlic
1/2 green Chili
3 tablespoons Sunflower Seeds
1 bunch fresh Basil
finely grated zest of 1 Lime
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed Lime Juice
1/2 dl Olive Oil (1/4 cup)
Spaghetti, I used gluten free
3 ripe Avocados
3/4 dl Capers (1/3 cup)
Salt and freshly grounded Black Pepper
Arugula and grated Parmesan Cheese to serve
- Boil soybeans according to the package instructions. Drain and allow to steam.
- Peel the garlic. Chop the chills without the seeds.
- Mix garlic, sunflower seeds, basil, lime zest and lime juice with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Cut the avocado into cubes.
- Stir in the basil, avocado, beans and capers in pasta. Sprinkle with sea salt and parmesan.
- Serve the Glowing Green Pasta immediately together with arugula.
Serve as a vegetarian meal or as a side dish to chicken, meatballs or Parma ham.