This recipe of Lamb Patties with creamed Spinach is a fresh and healthy meal that is easy to make and is full of flavors. Spinach is a very healthy vegetable with a lot of vitamins and nutrition. Because of it´s high nutritious value I try to sneak in this amazing vegetable in as much food as possible. In this dish of creamed Spinach I blend it with crispy bacon, to make it extra tasty. I make these lamb patties Greek style with feta cheese but you can flavor yours with whatever you prefer.
1 kg ground Lamb (2,2 pounds)
2 teaspoons dried Thyme and Rosmary
100 g Feta Cheese, crumbled (3,5 ounces)
4 cloves of Garlic, chopped
500 g frozen Spinch (1,1 pounds)
1 Onion, chopped
140 g Bacon, sliced into small pieces and crispy fried (5 ounces)
3 dl heavy Cream (1,3 cups)
- In a bowl, mix ground lamb, dried herbs, feta cheese, 3 cloves of garlic, eggs and 2 teaspoons of salt. Season with freshly grounded black pepper. Form into 14 patties.
- Lightly oil a saucepan and fry the patties 5 minutes on each side, or until done.
- In a medium saute pan over medium-high heat, melt butter and then add the olive oil. Mix in the onions and garlic, cook for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add frozen spinach and warm through. Add salt, black pepper and heavy cream. Mix well. Cook until the liquid reduces by half, roughly 3 to 4 minutes. Finely add cripy bacon to the creamed spinach.
- Serve lamb patties and creamed spinach with a fresh ratatouille.
Photo: Fredrik Övgård