Midsummer is coming up in Sweden and these mini Potato Bites with Trout Roe are perfect for the buffet table or as a pre snack. If you don´t celebrate Midsummer, no worries, these are a great summer treat either way packed with flavors.
New potatoes have thin skins, fluffy inside and a sweeter taste and you don’t need to peel them, just rinse to remove any dirt and cook whole. It´s very important to use new potatoes in the recipe, and while your at it, make a few extra because they are as tasty as they are well dressed.
Photo: Fredrik Övgård
Mini Potato Bites with Trout Roe
Makes 8 portions
24 small New Potatoes, very important that it´s new potatoes
50 g (2 oz) Trout Roe
1 dl (1/2 cup) Creme Fraiche (you can also use Cream Cheese or sour cream)
Zest from one Lemon
Salt and freshly Grounded Black Pepper
Garnish with Dill
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 15 minutes or until soft. Let them cool completely in the fridge.
- Whisk the creme fraiche with a mixer until it becomes solid . Season with lemon zest, horseradish, chives, salt and pepper. Put it in a piping bag.
- Cut both ends off the cold potatoes.
- Pipe the whipped creme fraiche on top of each potato.
- Garnish with trout roe, dill and freshly grounded black pepper.